InMon Corporation Introduces Complete Traffic Management Solution for the Internet Data Center
San Francisco, CA - May 7th, 2001 - InMon Corporation, the leader in traffic monitoring for high-speed switched networks based on packet based-sampling technology, today announced, at Networld and Interop (Booth 4641), InMon Traffic Server v2.0, specifically designed to meet the challenges of the Internet Data Center.
"For an Internet Data Center (IDC) the problems of managing a large, switched local area network are combined with the complexity of managing BGP peering and routing." said Peter Phaal, President of InMon Corp. "The InMon Traffic Server provides a unique combination of features that enable an IDC to respond to real-time congestion and quality of service issues, defend against security threats, generate revenue from value-added service usage, and plan for future resource deployment."
InMon Traffic Server v2.0
InMon Traffic Server gives network managers a comprehensive set of tools to manage network-wide performance and reliability.
InMon Traffic Server is capable of continuously monitoring tens of thousands of switch/router ports, collecting NetFlow and sFlow data. It uses sophisticated statistical algorithms to combine traffic data and routing/switching data to build accurate and detailed, real-time and historical traffic flow information across the whole network.
InMon Traffic Server features:
- Rapid isolation of sources of congestion and violations of service level agreements
- Correlation of quality of service problems with routes and router hops together with identification of applications and customers impacted.
- Optimization of routing and peering policies by highlighting routes that carry important traffic, customers affected by routing problems, and candidates for peering.
- Defense against external and internal security threats through network-wide surveillance and linkage of traffic with routing information to trace the source of the security threat.
- Detailed data center wide layer 2-7 traffic accounting information that is used to account for network usage and control costs, generate itemized bills, and bill for value-added services.
About InMon Corp
InMon Corp is the leading supplier of traffic monitoring solutions for high-speed switched and routed networks. These solutions provide the tools and information needed to take control of today's mission-critical, value-added applications and services. Customers throughout the world in a variety of sectors including: Enterprise, Service Provider, Healthcare, Education, Government, and Media are using solutions from InMon Corp.
InMon Corp. is the pioneer in the application of statistical sampling for scalable and cost effective solutions for network-wide traffic monitoring, analysis, and reporting and has multiple patents pending in this field. As the inventor of sFlow, InMon Corp. works closely with leading switch vendors to enhance their networking solutions with comprehensive traffic management. For more information visit www.inmon.com.
NetFlow is a trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners.
For further information contact: